Marshmallow chocolate bar recipe with nuts is a quick dessert kids love. Rocky road squares you can decorate with sprinkles for the holidays. A fun fourth of July no bake treat we all love with peanuts or walnuts inside or make nut free if you would rather. Use milk or white chocolate chips to make.
No bake marshmallow bars are fun and easy to make from scratch. Add crushed peanuts or walnuts for texture and a little crunch into your mix. Even white chocolate would be a fun tweak to this with milk or dark chocolate chips we used. (affiliate links present)
Chocolate Marshmallow Bar
Chocolate no-bake desserts are a great option for those who want to satisfy their sweet tooth without spending too much time in the kitchen. If involving the kiddos this is a great one but melting all of the ingredients on the stove will need an adult to do for safety purposes. You will want your pan prepared ahead of time.
When it comes to making any sort of marshmallow treat it will stiffen up quite quickly. It is best to line your pan with parchment paper or spray well so it slides out nicely when done. Another trick you can do for cleanup is to spray the inside of the pot itself and even the wooden spoon. Just a kitchen hack of ours. 😉
No Bake Chocolate Bars
As far as chocolate goes you could use the flavor of your choice. I mean peanut butter or butterscotch could be half and half or white with sprinkles on top when done would make the other colors really stand out.
- Bag of chocolate chips 12 oz. semi sweet
- 2 tbsp butter
- I can sweetened condensed milk
- Crushed peanuts or walnuts roasted
- Mini marshmallow work best for melting purposes
How to Melt Chocolate Chips
In this case it works just fine to add into a pot on the stovetop because you use a can of condensed milk too. If you didn’t have some sort of liquid you’d have to use a double boiler. In the microwave you’d need just a bit of coconut oil in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Line 13×9 pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt chocolate chips, butter and condensed milk in a medium to large pan over medium/low heat, stirring constantly to keep it from scorching.
- Once melted, remove chocolate mixture from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir peanuts and marshmallows into chocolate mixture.
- Spread rocky road mixture into prepared pan and add sprinkles and/or candy decorations as desired.
- Chill until set, approximately 2 – 3 hours. Cut into squares and serve.
Marshmallow Chocolate Squares
Now the smaller the baking pan the thicker these will become. I think an 8×8 or 9×9 inch is best. If you tried to spread it out to a 9×13 it would be rather thin and not nearly as easy to pick up or serve. You don’t need to refrigerate these either. I would rather not personally actually because they become rather hard.
Sitting it out on a hot pad on the counter to reach room temperature is all you need. If you are in a hurry you can set in the fridge for 1 hour and then take out and leave on our countertop for the remaining time. Want more crunch to this? Instead of sprinkles use some Rice Krispies over the top to add more texture.
How to Cut Marshmallow Squares
Cutting can be a little bit sticky, but there are a few tips to make the process easier: Use a sharp knife to make it easier to cut through the sticky mixture without squishing it. You can grease the knife with cooking spray or butter to prevent the bar sticking to the knife.
- Dip the knife blade in warm water, then dry it with a towel before cutting. The heat will help to melt the marshmallow slightly, making it easier to cut through.
- Dust with cornstarch or powdered sugar on top of the squares can make them less sticky and easier to cut.
- Chill your pan full in the refrigerator or freezer for a short time before cutting, they will be firmer and easier to cut.
If you do have leftovers I wouldn’t refrigerate them either. It is just fine as is but wrapped in foil or plastic wrap is best to keep moist. If you are in a hot area, go ahead and keep cool in the fridge.
Love this and want to sign up for our free newsletter to get more in your inbox weekly???!! Please sign up here so it’s easier to follow along with our creations.
If you loved this recipe please give us 5***** and let us know below!! We would love to share more by following our Pinterest account (we’re on there a lot).
Marshmallow Chocolate Bar
- 1 9×13 inch pan
- 1 bag chocolate chips 12 oz. semi sweet
- 2 tbsp butter
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2.5 c peanuts roasted
- 1 bag mini marshmallow 16 oz
- Line 13×9 pan with parchment or wax paper. Melt chocolate chips, butter and condensed milk in a medium to large pan over medium/low heat, stirring constantly to keep it from scorching.
- Once melted, remove chocolate mixture from heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir peanuts and marshmallows into chocolate mixture.
- Spread rocky road mixture into prepared pan and add sprinkles and/or candy decorations as desired. Chill until set, approximately 2 – 3 hours. Cut into squares and serve.